The Monkey Bars™ Pin to Bar External Fixation System is intended to be used in adult and pediatric patients for provisional fixation of open and/or unstable fractures in the lower and upper extremities and pelvis. It may also be used for temporary fixation of peri-articular or intra-articular fractures. Additionally, the device can be used on fractures where soft tissue injury or an infected fracture site may preclude the use of other fracture fixation treatments.
The Monkey Bars™ Pin to Bar External Fixation System offers a patent pending single clamp system that allows for bar-to-bar or bar-to-pin construction and has a multi-hole clamp option with straight and bent posts. It includes 5mm self-tapping and blunt half-pins and contains carbon fiber bars. The product is manufactured from non-ferrous materials in the United States.
- Pins: Self drilling/self-tapping, or blunt tipped 4 mm and 5 mm stainless steel pins produced in a variety of thread and pin lengths. Both partially threaded half pins and a centrally threaded full pin are available.
- Clamps: Combination clamp system that allows for pin-to-bar and bar-to-bar fixation with 360 degrees of freedom.
- Multiple Pin Clamps: 5 hole and/or 8 hole clamps to ease construct creation and stability
- Posts: 0 degree and 30 degree posts for multiple pin clamps to provide construct versatility
- Bars: Carbon fiber 11mm bars